Fri, Jun 23|
Girls Corner Series
Join Black Girls Achieve for our Girls Corner Series! This series will be in collaboration with Planned Parenthood of Southern New England. We will talk about the body, menstruation, puberty, and healthy relationships (with caregivers, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, and more!)
Time & Location
Jun 23, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Hartford, 1229 Albany Ave, Hartford, CT 06112, USA
About the event
Planned Parenthood Hartford location
1229 Albany Ave., Hartford
June 9th @ 5:30 p.m. - Healthy Relationships & Consent
In this workshop girls will:
- Learn about characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships with parents/guardians, other family members, friends, and significant others.
- Learn about personal boundaries and the importance of respecting the boundaries of others.
June 13th @ 5:30 p.m. - Puberty & Anatomy
This workshop will teach middle and high school girls about:
- Anatomy and parts of the reproductive anatomy
- How menstruation & pregnancy happens
- Puberty and the physical and emotional changes that come with it.
June 23rd - Birth Control Methods and STI Prevention
Join us as we learn about:
- STIs and STI prevention
- All forms of Birth control (including abstinence)
June 30th - Hot Topic Friday
Zoom Link here
- An informal discussion with millennial young women and our teen girls.